Over 60 MNA members joined thousands of RNs from around the world in Chicago at NNU’s Staff Nurse Assembly May 17-20. From the massive rally demanding a tax on Wall Street to the panels and continuing education events, the weekend was packed with thought- provoking ideas and powerful stories.
We asked MNA members to share what inspired them and the lessons they brought back to Michigan, where collective bargaining rights are under attack and nurses must fight every day to advocate for their profession and their patients.
Here are some of their responses. To share your own SNA experiences, please write to us at email@example.com.
- Cheryl Weston: “My voice will not be silenced!”
- Carol Kirtland: “The full power of nurses working together”
- Carolyn Hietamaki: “An attack on one is an attack on all”
- Katie Oppenheim: “We must constantly be in organizing mode”
- Terry Ballinger: “Power comes from solidarity”